Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pluck out the old and allow new body parts to grow


Yesterday, a friend sent me a sharing  about eagles, who are known to live long, long lives, but to do that they have to  get rid  of their ageing and worn out parts, which are  no more useful-talcons, claws, beak,  even  all their faded feathers have to be plucked out to allow them to grow back. It was no easy task,taking five (5)  long ,  determined and lonely months to complete the whole  process and there is  pain involved, lots of personal and physical pain.  With the old discarded, and the new  and strong  sprouted forth, they are then able to fly away,  a new creature,  renewed - flying high into the skies again with regained strength and survival resources which makes them king of the skies. That sharing teaches so much...never be afraid to discard your old self  for something better.  Never be afraid of the time needed to bring about that change and never spare the efforts to bring about change if the end result will give you renewed energy, confidence  and power to continue surviving in the best circumstance. 



I love that teaching and sharing and I relate it to myself, in autumn...I have travelled for so long along one particular stretch of road, that I could practically move around blind folded if I continue in that direction but that  road is leading to a dead end, because I have outlived my usefulness, in that direction, but other windows are opening, other opportunities abound, and I for one believe, talents never die and can only grow. So long as there is life, the feet must continue journeying to make fruitful and beautiful those beautiful gifts- that meaning continues to shine through our paths.  For a time, I resisted the change because those new pathways were so untested , that  fear and uncertainty gnaws and so  procrastination  sets in...but if in my mind,  I am 36, and forever will be, then I will definitely need to pluck out the worn out parts, grow new parts  in order to survive  the life span of my predestined years.

In autumn,  learn from the eagles that one could still fly high  if one is  not afraid,..... if one is determined enough  to discard the old and bring forth the young and new in us...rebuilt new strength. When it rains, though it is sometimes good to receive its showers for self realization and  growth, it would be better...., it would be  great if we , like the eagles could fly high above the clouds to avoid the rain.

Thank you friend for that five star sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment