Sunday, April 13, 2014

The other image of predestination

Exams are such a chore. You spent days on end studying, pouring over the materials and it ends when you have transferred compressed material into the prescribed  line of the questions framed. Could  passing an examination  determine your worth or is it more important to know the mechanics of the applications? To me both are equally important and like any 'kiasu" out there, it has to be splendidly done as well. No Half measures. but the brim.

Tan Twan Eng's, Gift of the Rain got me thinking. Even if everything is predestined, you still got to work very hard to attain..Nothing comes easy. The steps leading to your desired goal is a journey in itself. Worth comes from self. You still need to discern and walk in the right manner, even if destiny has cast you into a certain path. In predestination, there is still a certain measure of free will and we have to polish our act every step of the way.


 I ask myself, why have I returned to this path, when the candle is way past the mid point? The hand of God? Is there still a task He has in store for me? Whatever it is, I shall continue walking in trust and confidence. I do not want to question, His decision for this late call. I'm just going to enjoy  this very rejuvenating opportunity. Today is enough, let God reveal the Tomorrow in his own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment