Saturday, January 5, 2013

Blessing Chalk??

This is the first, I hear of blessing chalk, but man, there is always new learning . New knowledge comes in everyday. I not sure I'm going to use the blessed chalk for the  house ,but I jolly well, will write on a surface, that supports chalk, a message of appreciation and thanks to God...He loves me so.......Thank you God! 

Anyway, I goggled and CatholicCulture.org has this little write up to add to the mind boggling knowledge I gained from the parish's walking computer today. Thanks Fr.

An extract from CatholiCulture.org
Blessing of Chalk: Blessed chalk is distributed to the people in some churches, especially in Europe. The chalk is taken home and is used to mark the year and the initials of the three Magi over the door of the house (e.g.: 20 + C + M + B + 04) to remind all who enter and leave through the main door that they also must be ready to leave all, if necessary, and follow Christ. It might be added also that this is a beautiful act of faith. 

Those who had attended the weekend mass would have been taught the "how to" of writing over the door of the house ...the year is 2013  ...There was also an illustration over the door of the Lourdes community hall.. the proper way to do the markings- check it out!!

Note:  I had great fun with the chalk .Crazy thing was, I became a little child taking great pleasure in chalk writing. To me, it is the faith thing, even if I do not write over the door, I write  on things I want blessed , acknowledging and recognising that all good things come from God...that's just me...doing what my heart calls me to do....with faith that the blessed will do the blessings in the power of God...Thanks again for the fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment