Tuesday, January 15, 2013

e-Teaching tool

I was in this on-line seminar last night- my first.

I was in,  more to observe but  ended up picking up a few good pointers just by listening and observing. One moderator introduces the topic and tells you what to expect and guide you through the steps of  what to do  in that particular  Webinar. There was one main presenter and it rounded up with a team of two tackling  the questions and of course, later you could join the rest of the participants in the forum.. 

As I listened in, I realised one thing..Voice,  intonation, clarity of speech, contents and the manner in which the topic was delivered is key to holding the attention of your audience. Sandwiched in the Webinar  were well positioned  questions - providing  the opportunity for  a little input of knowledge.......opinions.. Simple tasks  nothing too mind boggling..but it added zest , fun and interaction to the Webinar. If I may add,  it  also acted as a catalyst to keep focus in place. I picked up that interesting pointer-a good teaching tool for class room application and if I like it, I'm sure, my students would too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment